Thursday, August 4, 2011

Singaporean

Engin O week 11 is really a soso camp, which I find it tiring and not fun.
I purposely join this camp because I have to start networking in NUS, just to make sure I won't find it tough to get a few project partners in future. However, I realize how different the topic of Singaporean in a conversation and make it hard for me to socialize with this group of people. Not because of the language they speak but the content itself is quite different. Their jokes are different and I have to act like I really feel funny in order not to show a sign of awkwardness on my face. The stuff they assume to be interesting but I can only get bored. Being part of this community is quite a challenging task. I hope I can find my own way to adapt and get used to this new society and able to get along really well with Singaporeans.

All and all, I still find using Mandarin in a conversation can really make it more friendly and comfortable together with a sense of belonging. I miss talking in a really relax manner with my friends in Malaysia, where I can totally be myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment